Clare Joint Policing Committee
The Joint Policing Committee (JPC) provides a forum where a local authority and An Garda Síochána, with the participation of Oireachtas members, local councillors and community interests, consult, discuss and make recommendations on matters affecting the policing of the local area in order to contribute to the improved safety and quality of life of the community.
The functions of the JPC are to:
- Serve as a forum for consultations, discussions and recommendations on policing and crime issues within local authority administrative areas
- Review levels and patterns of crime and related underlying factors
- Establish and coordinate Local Policing Fora
The JPC cannot consider matters relating to a specific criminal investigation or prosecution or matters relating to the security of the state.
The operations of the JPC are set out in guidelines drawn up by the Department of Environment, Heritage and Local Government and the Department of Justice.
If you have any comments or questions for the JPC meetings please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to the administrator (view address and contact details).
Members of the public can also attend any of the JPC meetings.
Schedule of Meetings
Schedule of meeting dates for 2020 are as follows:
- 17th February 2020 - 11:15 a.m., Council Chamber, Áras Contae an Chláir, New Road, Ennis, Co. Clare. V95 DXP2
- 20th April 2020 - 11:15 a.m., Council Chamber, Áras Contae an Chláir, New Road, Ennis, Co. Clare. V95 DXP2 - Cancelled
- 13th July 2020 - 11:15 a.m., Council Chamber, Áras Contae an Chláir, New Road, Ennis, Co. Clare. V95 DXP2 - Cancelled
- 12th October 2020 - 10:00 a.m., Glór, Causeway Link, Ennis, Co. Clare, V95 VHP0
Page last reviewed: 08/10/20Back to top
Áras Contae an Chláir