Casual trading licence
Clare County Council's Casual Trading Bye-Laws require that all persons engaging in casual trading in the administrative area of the council must hold a casual trading license. The council have designated casual trading sites in the county in accordance with the Casual Trading Bye-Laws under the Casual Trading Act 1995.
- Municipal District of West Clare - Casual Trading Bye-Laws 2021 [PDF, 943KB]
- Municipal District of Ennis - Casual Trading Bye-Laws 2021 [PDF, 373KB]
- Municipal District of Shannon - Casual Trading Bye-Laws 2021 [PDF, 305KB]
- Municipal District of Killaloe - Casual Trading Bye-Laws 2021 [PDF, 324KB]
- Casual Trading Licence
- Event Casual Trading Licence
The application form can be downloaded below and is available from Economic Development Department, Áras Contae an Chláir, Clare County Council, New Road, Ennis, County Clare or by phoning (065) 6821616. Please note the same form is used for both event and casual trading licences.
- Casual Trading licence application form [PDF, 37KB]
Fees for casual trading licence in Ennis
- Bay Type: A - Bay Dimensions: 4.8m x 4.8m - Fee: €660
- Bay Type: B - Bay Dimensions: 4.8m x 2.4m - Fee: €330
If the applicant requires more than 1 bay then the fee is multiplied by the number of bays required.
- E.g. Bay size A, 2 bays, 1 day trading per week = €660 x 2 (bays) x 1 (day) = €1320
- E.g. Bay size A, 1 bay, 2 days trading per week = €660 x 1 (bay) x 2 (days) = €1320
- E.g. Bay size A, 2 bays, 2 days trading per week = €660 x 2 (bays) x 2 (days) = €2640
Fees for casual trading licence outside of Ennis
€400 for minimum of 2 car spaces
Fees for horse fairs
- Bay size: 2 car space - Fee for 1 Fair: €50 -Fee for 4 Fair: €200
- Bay size: 3 car space - Fee for 1 Fair: €75 -Fee for 4 Fair: €300
- Bay size: 4 car space - Fee for 1 Fair: €100 -Fee for 4 Fair: €400
Fees for Kilrush Christmas trading
- Bay No: A, B and C - Fee: €15.00 per day - Goods/product permitted: Christmas Trees only
Ennis Market area, Ballyallia Lake, Ennis, Ennistymon Town Centre, Doolin Pier, Fanore, Kiladysart Square, Kilfenora Square, Killaloe Car Park,The Square, Kilkee, Miltown Malbay, Drumgeely, Shannon,Tulla.
Maps of casual trading areas
- Ennis Wednesday [PDF, 603KB]
- Ennis Friday & Saturday [PDF, 707KB]
- Kilrush Horse Fair [PDF, 454KB]
- Ennistymon Town Centre [PDF, 327KB]
- Doolin Pier [PDF, 272KB]
- Kiladysart Square [PDF, 304KB]
- Kilfenora Square [PDF, 247KB]
- Killaloe Car Park [PDF, 297KB]
- The Square, Kilkee [PDF, 350KB]
- Miltown Malbay [PDF, 281KB]
- Drumgeely, Shannon [PDF, 373KB]
- Tulla [PDF, 292KB]
- Fanore [PDF, 211KB]
- Ballyallia [PDF, 298KB]
- Ennis - Wednesday (Lower Market Street only) - Friday (Lower Market Street & Market Place) - Saturday (Lower Market Street & Market Place)
- Ballyallia Lake, Ennis - on a daily basis from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Ennistymon Town Centre - Saturdays only, from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Doolin Pier - on a daily basis from 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Fanore- on a daily basis from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Kiladysart Square - Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays only from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Kilfenora, Square - on a daily basis from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Killaloe car park - Sundays only, from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- The Square, Kilkee - Saturdays and Sundays and on a daily basis during the months of May, June, July, August and September from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Miltown Malbay - Thursdays only, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Drumgeely, Shannon - Fridays only, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Tulla - on Thursdays only from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Kilrush Fair Days
- 25th March*
- First Thursday in June
- 10th October*
- 23rd November*
*If the Fair Day falls on a Saturday or Sunday the fair is held on Monday
Kilrush Christmas Trading – Month of December only
Page last reviewed: 17/09/21Back to top
Áras Contae an Chláir