Safety and Welfare
If you need emergency services, including the police, the fire brigade or an ambulance, call 112 or 999. (In Ireland, we call our police force An Garda Síochána or the Gardaí.)
- Domestic and child abuse www.garda.ie/en/crime/domestic-abuse
- Sexual crime www.garda.ie/en/crime/sexual-crime
- Human trafficking www.garda.ie/en/crime/human-trafficking
- Assault www.garda.ie/en/crime/assaults
- Hate crime www.garda.ie/en/crime/hate-crime
- Burglary and theft www.garda.ie/en/crime/burglary-theft
Domestic and sexual violence supports
Women’s Aid is a national organisation working to stop domestic violence against women and children. The Women's Aid helpline 1800 341 900 operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and provides support and information to callers experiencing abuse from intimate partners: www.womensaid.ie/about/links.html
Child Protection and Parenting Support
Tusla provides a range of supports for children and families across the continuum of support.
Where there is a Child Protection concern, Children First guidance must be followed, and Tusla’s usual referral pathways utilised.
- To discuss or report a concern, you can contact Duty Social Work by phone, during office hours, Monday to Friday on (061) 588688;
- Any concern in relation to children out of hours should be reported to: An Garda Siochana Tel: 112 or 999: Station Directory - Garda
Clare Prevention Partnership and Family Support (PPFS)
Individuals and families who require targeted support will be directed through existing pathways to the relevant services. Contact 065 6863902.
Tusla Education Support Service [TESS]
TESS will provide support to families with children of school going age to put in place appropriate education provision.
Clare Children and Young People’s Services Committee (CYPSC)
CYPSC is a county level committee bringing together the main statutory, community and voluntary providers of services to children and young people. CYPSC provides a forum for joint planning and co-ordination of activity to ensure that children, young people and their families receive improved and accessible service.