Changes to the Commencement Notice process have come into effect from the 1st of March 2014 in accordance with S.I. No. 9 of 2014 – Building Control (Amendment) Regulations 2014.
A new national Building Control Management System (BCMS) website provides for the completion of a mandatory online assessment, information on the submission of commencement notices and frequently asked questions (FAQs).
Building control process commencement notices, fire safety certificate applications, disability access certificates and maintains a register of these applications.
Building control also inspect up to 15% of new works to monitor compliance with all the requirements of the Building Regulations.
Building Control Officers have the following discretionary powers:
- A right to inspect any works to which the building regulations apply.
- A right to request information relating to any works to which the building regulations apply.
- A power of enforcement for non-compliance with the building regulations.
- The power to prosecute by summary or by High Court proceedings for non-compliance with the building regulations.
- Building control legislation
- Building regulations
- Construction Products Regulation
- Commencement notices
- Fire safety certificates
- Disability access certificates
- General guidance notes
ContactBuilding Control Authority,
Central Fire Station,
Telephone: (065) 6846302
Fax: (065) 6840877
Page last reviewed: 16/02/16Back to top