Pay commercial rates online
Commercial rates are a local property tax on commercial premises.You can find detailed information about commercial rates in our business section. This page is about how to pay your rates online. You can find information about other payment methods in our main commercial rates page.
Before you begin
To make a payment online you will need:
- Customer Number: this is the 8 digit number on your invoice or reminder letter
PIN (Personal Identification Number): we issued this number to you separately.
If you have lost your PIN or require a new PIN you can apply for a lost/new PIN.
- You can use a Visa/Delta, Mastercard or Laser (Debit) card.
Then minimum payment is €10. Please retain a copy of the receipt number as proof of payment.
Your payment will be updated to your account within 2 working days.
How to pay online
Here is a description of the process if you'd like more information.
- Follow the link in the Pay Online panel above
- Enter your Customer Number in the Account Number field
- Enter the PIN and click Submit
- The account details will be displayed
- Confirm account details are correct
- Enter the value in the Payment Amount field as appropriate and click Submit
- Payment Step 1. Select Payment Method, select credit card or debit card and click Pay
- Payment Step 2. Payment Details, review amount and payment method and click Accept
- Enter credit card or debit card details, click Pay Now
- Payment Step 3. Receipt is displayed and includes the Receipt Number
- If you require an email receipt enter email address and select Send Receipt
- Retain or print your receipt for your records.
Privacy and security
Payments are processed by Realex, a third party payment service provider, which provides a secure environment to protect your transactions. Your credit or Laser (debit) card information is not transmitted outside the secure site.
Queries and refunds
If you have a query in relation to a commercial rates payment please contact the rates section. If an account has been paid in error or has been paid twice, you may be able to get a refund. We make decisions about refunds on a case by case basis.
To apply for a refund, please write to:
Senior Staff Officer
Clare County Council
Page last reviewed: 09/08/17Back to top
Áras Contae an Chláir