Scariff recycling centre and transfer station
AddressScariff recycling centre and transfer station
Telephone: (061) 921735
Map of location
Longitude: -8.535469 Latitude: 52.911688
Charges for recyclables
- Car, or car-based van or 4 wheel drive or equivalent - €5
- Car, or car-based van or 4 wheel drive and small trailer (max. 1.2 cu.m/42 cu.ft.) * - €9
- Light van - €12
- All other vehicles and vehicle/trailer combinations - €25
- A minimum charge will apply - €5
These charges are inclusive of V.A.T. at 13.5%
*Small Trailer is defined as less than 1.8m/6 ft. long and less than 0.6m/2 ft high.
- Glass jars/bottles
- Aluminium cans
- Food cans
- Plastic bottles
- Heavy duty cardboard
- Tetrapak cartons
- Waste engine oil
- Scrap metal
The following items are accepted free of charge for householders:
- Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) such as fridges, cookers, computers, etc.
- Fluorescent tubes
- Waste batteries
- Textiles (must be dry and clean)
The following waste categories are banned from the transfer station:
- Toxic, dangerous and hazardous wastes
- Animal carcasses
- Medical and health care waste
- Sewage sludges
- Septic tank effluent
- Farm plastic
- Bulky wastes
Waste disposal charges
The following waste disposal charges will apply from 29th November, 2011:
- €20.00 – Double mattress inclusive of VAT at 13.5%
- €14.00 – Single mattress inclusive of VAT at 13.5%
- Furniture unit / couch
- €30.00 –Three seater furniture unit / couch inclusive of VAT at 13.5%
- €20.00 – Two seater furniture unit / couch inclusive of VAT at 13.5%
- €10.00 – Single seater furniture unit / armchair inclusive of VAT at 13.5%
- ** Up to 12 bags €7.00 per bag inclusive of VAT at 13.5%
- + Car, or car-based van or 4WD
- €140.00 - small trailer (max 1.2 cu.m. / 42 cu.ft) inclusive of VAT at 13.5%
- €260.00 - medium trailer (max 4.0 cu.m. / 140 cu.ft) inclusive of VAT at 13.5%
- Van - €260.00 inclusive of VAT at 13.5%
- Pickup - €260.00 - low sides up to 0.6 m / 2 ft. high inclusive of VAT at 13.5%
- Van / Pickup and large trailer (max 8.0 cu.m./ 280 cu.ft.) - €420.00 inclusive of VAT at 13.5%
- Tractor and large trailer (max 8.0 cu.m / 280 cu.ft.) - €420.00 inclusive of VAT at 13.5%
- Composter with Kitchen Caddy - €50.00
Trucks, refuse freighters, skips are not allowed at Scariff Recycling Centre and Transfer Stations
+ Smaller trailer is defined as less that 1.8 m / 6 ft long and less that 0.6 m/ 2 ft high
** Bag equivalents – bag is defined as 40-50 litres (760 mm / 30 inches high “swing bin” liners and equivalent). Clare County Council reserves the right to estimate the volume of waste delivered in other bag sizes and / or by other means.
The cost is inclusive of transportation, processing and disposal of residual waste at a licensed facility elsewhere. The final disposal also includes the cost of landfill levy which is currently €75.00 per tonne.
VAT is at 13.5% and is effective from 1st July, 2010.
Note: All food and putrescible refuse must be contained in approved bags.
Please note that CCTV surveillance is in operation at various bring banks and recycling centres throughout the county. It should be noted that it is an offence under the Litter Pollution Act 1997 - 2003 to leave any waste materials including bags of household waste, bottles, plastics, cardboard boxes etc. in the vicinity of bring bank receptacles. In the event that bring banks are full, please notify Environment Section on 1800 606 706.