Central Waste Management Facility
This centre incorporates both a recycling centre and transfer station. It is located beside the N85, 2 kilometres on the Ennis side of Inagh.
In this page
- We are not permitted to handle wheelie bins. If you arrive on site with a wheelie bin you will need to handle this yourself. To assist with this, you should bag any waste that is contained within the bin. If you will need to left the bin please ensure that you can do this yourself or have another person available to help with this.
- CCTV surveillance is in operation at various bring banks and recycling centres. It is an offence under the Litter Pollution Act 1997-2003 to leave any waste materials including bags of household waste, bottles, plastics, cardboard boxes etc. in the vicinity of bring bank receptacles. In the event that bring banks are full, please notify us by Freephone on 1800 606 706.
Items you can recycle here
- Glass jars/bottles
- Aluminium cans
- Food cans
- Plastic bottles
- Heavy duty cardboard
- Tetrapak cartons
- Waste engine oil
- Scrap metal
- Timber (There is a charge of €110.00 per tonne for large quantities of timber)
- Clean Green Waste (Household Only) - Tree branches - Max. diameter 4 cm.
- Waste paints
- Waste cooking oil
- Hard plastics
- Plate glass (no frames or windscreens)
We accept these items free of charge for householders
- Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE), such as fridges, cookers, computers, etc.
- Fluorescent tubes
- Waste batteries
- Textiles (must be dry and clean)
Note: Commercial quantities of the above items will not be accepted. Business premises must make their own arrangements with their waste collectors.
We do not accept these waste categories here
- Animal carcasses
- Medical and health care waste
- Sewage sludges
- Septic tank effluent
- Farm plastic (see Farm plastic recycling)
- Tyres (See tyre recycling)
Charges for recyclables
- Car, or car-based van or 4 wheel drive or equivalent - €5
- Car, or car-based van or 4 wheel drive and small trailer (max. 1.2 cu.m/42cu.ft.) * - €9
- Light van - €12
- All other vehicles and vehicle/trailer combinations - €25
- A minimum charge will apply- €5
These charges are inclusive of V.A.T. at 13.5%
*Small trailer is defined as less than 1.8m/6 ft. long and less than 0.6m/2 ft high.
The facility is also open to the public for general domestic waste at a charge as follows:-
Waste disposal charges for general domestic waste
|1 bag||€7.00 inclusive of VAT at 13.5%|
|Over 10 bags||€240.00 per tonne, inclusive of VAT at 13.5%|
|Timber (Recyclable Condition Only)
||€110.00 per tonne, inclusive of VAT at 13.5% (not subject to landfill levy) - The minimum recycling charge of €5.00 will apply to small quantities in cars.|
|Mattresses||€20.00 - Double mattress inclusive of VAT at 13.5%
€14.00 - Single mattress inclusive of VAT at 13.5%
|Furniture Unit / Couch||€30.00 - Three seater furniture unit / Couch inclusive of VAT at 13.5%
€20.00 - Two seater furniture unit / Couch inclusive of VAT at 13.5%
€10.00 - Single seater furniture unit / Armchair inclusive of VAT at 13.5%
|Composter with Kitchen Caddy||€50.00|
* Bag Equivalents - Bag is defined as 40-50 Litres (760 mm/30 in high "swing bin" liners and equivalent) Clare County Council reserves the right to estimate the volume of waste delivered in other bag sizes and/or by other means.
Public weighing of vehicle - €15.00 inclusive of VAT at 13.5%
Where charges are based on tonnage the vehicles will be weighed and charges rounded to nearest €1.00 with a minimum charge of €70.00 applying.
The cost is inclusive of transportation, processing and disposal of residual waste at a licensed facility elsewhere. The final disposal includes the cost of landfill levy which is currently €75.00 per tonne.
- VAT is at 13.5%.
Clare County Council reserves the right to refuse entry if containers are full, or for any materials other than those normally accepted at the facility.
The site rules must be adhered to at all times by customers using this facility.
Map of location
Longitude: -9.153843 Latitude: 52.871461
Áras Contae an Chláir