Speed limits are expressed in km/hr through distinctive road signs throughout the country. These signs are found on every motorway and on major roads and minor roads throughout County Clare and consist of a circular sign with a white background and a red border. The speed limit is shown in the centre of the sign in black numerals (i.e. 30, 40, 60, etc.).
There are a total of five different types of speed limits throughout Ireland:
- Town and city speed limits (50 km/h)
- National road speed limits (100 km/h)
- Regional and local road speed limits (80 km/h)
- Motorway speed limits (120 km/h)
- Special speed limits (30 km/h or 60 km/h.)
Page last reviewed: 13/02/09Back to top