Public Transport Provision Analysis - short term contract
TransTourism is a trans-national co-operation project between Sweden, Iceland, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Ireland and is part of the Interreg IVB Northern Periphery Programme 2007-2013.
Through Clare County Council, the Burren Connect Project is co-operating with other organisations in these countries to develop trans-national innovative, long term and sustainable solutions for transport services adapted to rural tourism areas. The aim of the project for Clare County Council is to implement new and improved public transport and related information services for locals and visitors in and around the Burren. The new services will improve accessibility by public transport and encourage lower car dependency by tourists, leading to longer term economic and environmental benefits.
As part of this project Clare County Council wishes to engage a consultant to provide the following services particular to the TransTourism project:
- To carry out a review of existing public transport services, including tourist services, operating in the region. The review should include information provision, booking/ticketing systems, timetables, numbers using the service and planned services for the future.
- To provide baseline information from which the impacts of TransTourism can be assessed; such as estimated numbers currently using existing services, modes of transport and average distance of journeys.
- To carry out a (Strengths,Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats) SWOT analysis of the current services.
- To conduct a brief review of medium to long term tourism strategies for the region.
Candidates should possess the following essential attributes
- Knowledge of the Burren, its visitor services and the existing transport services operating within the region.
- Experience in modelling and analysing data
- Ability to complete the contract by February 28th, 2011
- Available to attend meetings and liaise regularly with the staff of the Burren Connect Project office based in Ennistimon, Co. Clare.
The period of work will be from 3rd January to 28th February 2011.
Please send a cover letter of interest, a CV, 2 references, the consultancy rate and a tax clearance certificate to the following address before 5.00pm on Friday 10th of December.
Tenders accepted by Post only.
The tenders will be evaluated using the following criteria and weighting
- Price: 30%
- Qualifications 25%
- Relevant Experience: 15%
- Availability to liaise with BCP team: 15%
- Understanding of the brief & accompanying documents: 15%
Max Fee for this contract €7,000
Burren Connect Project,
Clare County Council,
Ennistimon Area Offices,
Page last updated: 22/11/10Back to top