Local Communities for a Healthy Ireland
The Department of Health has approved a third round of funding for the Healthy Ireland Fund (HIF).
The aim of this funding is to support organisations to deliver actions that will improve health and well-being in County Clare, in line with Healthy Ireland, a Framework for Improved Health and Wellbeing 2013-2025 and the Healthy Clare Strategic Plan 2019-2021.
The grant period for Round 3 will run from 1st July 2019 to 30th June 2021.
This fund will be administered locally and in this regard the Clare Local Community Development Committee (LCDC) and Children and Young People’s Services Committee (CYPSC) are working on a collaborative basis. Applications are now invited which will improve health and well-being in County Clare.
Application Criteria and Process (Mandatory)
1. Applications are now being invited which identify local priorities for health and wellbeing.
2. Proposed actions must contribute to one goal in the Healthy Ireland, A Framework for Improved Health and Wellbeing 2013-2025 and must also be aligned to the Healthy Clare Strategic Plan 2019-2021 www.clarecoco.ie/services/community/healthy-clare the Clare Local Economic and Community Plan www.clarecoco.ie/services/community/lecp and other government policies and strategies such as Better Outcomes Brighter Futures, National Physical Activity Plan, The National Sexual Health Strategy, Tobacco Free Ireland and the Obesity Policy and Action Plan.
3. All costs applied for must be directly related to the actions outlined in the application form.
4. The earliest start date for an action will be from 1st July 2019 and all actions must be completed by 30th June 2021.
5. The minimum grant for each action is €7,500.
6. All costs must be verifiable in the future i.e. when submitting your expenditure claims the costs you claim must be capable of being verified e.g. by receipts, invoices, procurement processes, tenders, attendance records.
7. All costs must be additional costs to the organisation for the delivery of the actions.
All funding must be spent by 30th June 2021, therefore be realistic in terms of the costs included in this application.
8. In your application form please ensure that you specifically reference each relevant policy and strategic action (Healthy Clare Strategic Plan, Clare LECP, Healthy Ireland Framework).
For an application form and scheme guidelines please visit:- www.clarecoco.ie/services/community/healthy-clare or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 16th August 2019.
Page last updated: 17/07/19Back to top