Scariff recycling centre and transfer station
- CCTV surveillance is in operation at various bring banks and recycling centres. It is an offence under the Litter Pollution Act 1997 - 2003 to leave any waste materials including bags of household waste, bottles, plastics, cardboard boxes etc. in the vicinity of bring bank receptacles.
- Children accompanying adults to a recycling centres must be strictly supervised at all times. If this is not possible children must remain in the vehicle.
- In the event that bring banks are full, please let us know by calling 1800 606 706 (Freephone).
- All food and putrescible refuse must be contained in approved bags.
You can recycle these items here
- Glass jars/bottles
- Aluminium cans
- Food cans
- Plastic bottles
- Heavy duty cardboard
- Tetrapak cartons
- Waste engine oil
- Scrap metal
You can bring these items here free of charge (householders)
- Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) such as fridges, cookers, computers, etc.
- Fluorescent tubes
- Waste batteries
- Textiles (must be dry and clean)
You cannot bring these waste categories here
These waste categories are banned from the transfer station:
- Toxic, dangerous and hazardous wastes
- Animal carcasses
- Medical and health care waste
- Sewage sludges
- Septic tank effluent
- Farm plastic (view Farm plastic recycling information)
- Bulky wastes
- Tyres (View information about recycling tyres)
Map of location
Longitude: -8.535469 Latitude: 52.911688
Charges for recyclables
- Car, or car-based van or 4 wheel drive or equivalent - €5
- Car, or car-based van or 4 wheel drive and small trailer (max. 1.2 cu.m/42 cu.ft.) * - €9
- Light van - €12
- All other vehicles and vehicle/trailer combinations - €25
- A minimum charge will apply - €5
These charges are inclusive of V.A.T. at 13.5%
*Small Trailer is defined as less than 1.8m/6 ft. long and less than 0.6m/2 ft high.
Waste disposal charges
The following waste disposal charges will apply from 29th November, 2011:
- €20.00 – Double mattress inclusive of VAT at 13.5%
- €14.00 – Single mattress inclusive of VAT at 13.5%
- Furniture unit / couch
- €30.00 –Three seater furniture unit / couch inclusive of VAT at 13.5%
- €20.00 – Two seater furniture unit / couch inclusive of VAT at 13.5%
- €10.00 – Single seater furniture unit / armchair inclusive of VAT at 13.5%
- ** Up to 12 bags €7.00 per bag inclusive of VAT at 13.5%
- + Car, or car-based van or 4WD
- €140.00 - small trailer (max 1.2 cu.m. / 42 cu.ft) inclusive of VAT at 13.5%
- €260.00 - medium trailer (max 4.0 cu.m. / 140 cu.ft) inclusive of VAT at 13.5%
- Van - €260.00 inclusive of VAT at 13.5%
- Pickup - €260.00 - low sides up to 0.6 m / 2 ft. high inclusive of VAT at 13.5%
- Van / Pickup and large trailer (max 8.0 cu.m./ 280 cu.ft.) - €420.00 inclusive of VAT at 13.5%
- Tractor and large trailer (max 8.0 cu.m / 280 cu.ft.) - €420.00 inclusive of VAT at 13.5%
Trucks, refuse freighters, skips are not allowed at Scariff Recycling Centre and Transfer Stations
+ Smaller trailer is defined as less that 1.8 m / 6 ft long and less that 0.6 m/ 2 ft high
** Bag equivalents – bag is defined as 40-50 litres (760 mm / 30 inches high “swing bin” liners and equivalent). Clare County Council reserves the right to estimate the volume of waste delivered in other bag sizes and / or by other means.
The cost is inclusive of transportation, processing and disposal of residual waste at a licensed facility elsewhere. The final disposal also includes the cost of landfill levy which is currently €75.00 per tonne.
VAT is at 13.5%.Back to top
Normal opening hours
- Monday: 2:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. (Closed Bank Holidays)
- Tuesday: 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: Closed
- Thursday: 2:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Friday: 12:00 noon - 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 12:00 noon - 6:00 p.m.