Proposed Social Housing Development for Drumcliff Road, Ennis
A proposed new social housing development proposed for Drumcliff Road, Ennis, County Clare, will consist of the construction of 26 residential units.
In accordance with the provisions of Section 179A of the Planning and Development Act 2000 (as amended) and the provisions of the Planning and Development Regulations 2001 (as amended) and the provisions of the Planning and Development (S179A) Regulations 2023 (S.I.101/2023) Clare County Council gives notice of its intention to carry out the following development:
The construction of a new housing estate development consisting of:
- The demolition of an existing dwelling, sheds and outbuildings
- The construction of 26 new residential units comprising of:
- 6 x 3-bedroom, two-storey terraced dwellings,
- 4 x 4-bedroom three-storey semi-detached dwellings
- 2 x 3-bedroom single-storey detached dwellings,
- 12 x 2-bedroom two-storey terraced dwellings
- 2 x 2-bedroom two-storey semi-detached dwellings
- 48 ancillary car parking spaces within the development.
- The construction of vehicular and pedestrian access points to the site.
- Alterations to ground levels to accommodate the development.
- Varied boundary treatments and landscaping works.
- Surface water management will include hydrocarbon interceptor and soakaway.
- All ancillary site works.
All ancillary development works including access road, footpaths, parking (48 no. spaces), drainage, landscaping and amenity areas. The proposed development will allow for the laying of all roads and services for the site. Vehicular and pedestrian access to the site will be via a newly constructed entrance onto Drumcliff Road at the northwest end of the site.
In accordance with Article 81A(5) of the Planning and Development Regulations, 2001, as inserted by the Planning and Development (Section 179A) Regulations 2023 a screening for environmental impact assessment (EIA) has been carried out and it has determined that the proposed housing development would not be likely to have significant effects on the environment. A determination has been made that an Environmental Impact Assessment Report is not required and accordingly, the proposed housing development complies with the requirements of Section 179A(1) of the Planning and Development Act 2000, as amended.
In accordance with Article 81A(6) of the Planning and Development Regulations, 2001, as inserted by the Planning and Development (Section 179A) Regulations 2023 a screening for appropriate assessment (AA) has been carried out and has concluded, using the best scientific knowledge, that there is no likelihood of significant effects, either individually or in combination with other plans or projects, on a European Site or Sites. Accordingly, a determination has been made that an appropriate assessment (AA) of the proposed housing development is not required and, accordingly, the proposed housing development complies with the requirements of Section 179A(1) of the Planning and Development Act 2000 (as amended).
Plans and particulars of the proposed development, to include copies of the EIA and AA screenings and determinations, will be available during office hours from the Housing Department, Social Development Directorate, Clare County Council, Aras Contae an Chlair, New Road, Ennis, County Clare, from:
- Housing Reception – 9.00am to 1.00pm, Monday to Friday
- Main Reception – 1.00pm to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday
For further information on the proposed development, go to: https://yoursay.clarecoco.ie/s179a-drumcliff
A person may question the validity of any decision of the planning authority by way of an application for judicial review, under Order 84 of the Rules of the Superior Courts (S.I. No. 15 of 1986), in accordance with sections 50 and 50A of the Planning and Development Act 2000, as amended.
Page last reviewed: 26/10/23Back to top