Notice of Preparation of Draft Clare County Development Plan 2023-2029
Open for submissions
Submission deadline: Monday March 28, 2022
Notice of the Preparation of the Draft Clare County Development Plan 2023-2029
Notice is hereby given, pursuant to Part II, Section 12 of the Planning and Development Act 2000, (as amended), that Clare County Council has prepared a Draft Clare County Development Plan 2023-2029 for the functional area of the Council. The Draft Clare County Development Plan 2023-2029, on adoption will replace the existing Clare County Development Plan 2017-2023, as varied.
The Draft Plan is accompanied by a Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) Environmental Report, prepared in accordance with the SEA Directive (2001/42/EC) and the Planning and Development (Strategic Environmental Assessment) Regulations 2004 (S.I. No 436 of 2004) (as amended), and an Appropriate Assessment (AA) Natura Impact Report pursuant to the Habitats Directive (91/43/EEC) and the Planning and Development Act 2000 (as amended). A Strategic Flood Risk Assessment (SFRA) also accompanies the Draft Plan.
Volume 5 contains the Draft Clare Renewable Energy Strategy (RES) which has been subject to a separate Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) in accordance with the SEA Directive (2001/42/EC) and the Planning and Development (Strategic Environmental Assessment) Regulations 2004 (S.I. No 435 of 2004) (as amended). The associated consultation with respect to this assessment is also covered by this notice with the consultation running in tandem. Please note the findings of the SEA associated with the Draft Clare Renewable Energy Strategy have been incorporated into the Strategic Environmental Assessment-Environmental Report of the Draft Clare County Development Plan 2023-2029.
The Draft Clare County Development Plan 2023-2029 comprises the following draft documents:
- Volume 1 Written Statement
- Volume 2 Maps
- Volume 3 Municipal District Written Statement & Settlement Plans
- 3a Ennis Municipal District
- 3b Shannon Municipal District
- 3c Killaloe Municipal District
- 3d West Clare Municipal District
- Volume 4 Record of Protected Structures
- Volume 5 Clare Renewable Energy Strategy & Strategic Environmental Assessment – Environmental Report
- Volume 6 Clare Wind Energy Strategy
- Volume 7 Clare Retail Strategy
- Volume 8 Clare Housing Strategy
- Volume 9 Strategic Integrated Framework Plan (SIFP) for the Shannon Estuary
- Volume 10 Environmental Appraisal of the Plan
- 10a Appropriate Assessment – Natura Impact Report
- 10b(i) Strategic Environmental Assessment – Environmental Report
- 10b(ii) Strategic Environmental Assessment – Non-Technical Summary
- 10c Strategic Flood Risk Assessment
The Draft Plan includes proposals to make additions, deletions and modifications to Volume 4-Record of Protected Structures and in accordance with Section 12 (3) of the Planning Act, the Planning Authority shall serve on each person who is the owner or occupier of the proposed protected structure or the protected structure, as the case may be, a notice of the proposed addition, deletion or modification including the particulars.
A copy of the Draft Clare County Development Plan 2023-2029 with associated Environmental Report and Natura Impact Report will be on public display on 10th December, 2021 to 28th March 2022 and will be available to view online at https://clarecdp2023-2029.clarecoco.ie/stage2-draft/display/ and may also be inspected during normal opening hours at the following locations:
- Áras Contae an Chláir, New Road, Ennis.
- Shannon Municipal District Office, Town Hall, Shannon.
- West Clare Municipal District Office, Town Hall, The Square, Kilrush.
- Ennistymon Area Office, Ennis Road, Ennistymon.
- Killaloe Municipal District Office, Mountshannon Road, Scarriff and
- At all public libraries in County Clare during opening hours.
Copies of the Draft Clare County Development Plan 2023-2029 are also available for purchase from the Planning Department.
Public consultation events on the Draft Clare County Development Plan 2023-2029 will take place throughout the County as follows, subject to Covid-19 guidance in place at the time:
|Lisdoonvarna Pavillion, Lisdoonvarna||Tuesday 25th January 2022||
|Scouts Hall (beside Ennis Parish Office), Station Road, Ennis||Wedneday 26th January 2022||
|Clonlara Community Sports & Leisure Centre, Clonlara||Thursday 27th January 2022||
|Kilkee Community Hall, Kilkee||Tuesday 1st February 2022||
|Killaloe Hotel & Spa, Killaloe||Wednesday 2nd February 2022||
|Clarecastle Community Hall, Clarecastle||Thursday 3rd February 2022||
|Kilmihil Community Hall, Kilmihil||Tuesday 8th February 2022||
|Tulla Cultural Centre, Tulla||Wednesday 9th February 2022||
|Newmarket on Fergus Community Hall, Newmarket on Fergus||Thursday 10th February 2022||
Clare County Council hereby invites any interested parties to make submissions or observations with regard to the Draft Clare County Development Plan 2023–2029. Submissions/observations may be made during the period from 10th of December 2021 to 4pm on 28th of March 2022 inclusive. Submissions received will be taken into consideration before the making of the Clare County Development Plan 2023-2029.
In respect of making a submission or observation please note the following:
- Please insert the heading “Draft Clare Draft Development Plan 2023-2029” on your submission
- Please make your submission by one medium only i.e. via on-line form, email or by post. This will avoid the duplication of submission reference numbers and will streamline the process.
- Submissions/observations should include your name and may include address, a map (for identification purposes) and, where relevant, details of any organisation, community group or company etc., which you represent. Clare County Council is subject to the provisions of the Data Protection Act (as amended) and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). In order to assist us in complying with Data Protection and GDPR please include your name and contact details (and where relevant, details of any organisation, community group or company etc., which you represent), on a separate sheet to the content of your submission/ observation. This processing of your personal data is lawful under Article 6 (1)(e) of the GDPR regulations. The Council’s Data Protection Policy is available on the Council website.
- Children, or groups or associations representing the interests of children, are particularly encouraged to make submissions or observations regarding the foregoing.
- Please be advised that all submissions received will be published online in accordance with the requirements of the Planning and Development Act 2000, as amended, and will be summarised in the Chief Executive’s Report, which will be published. You should ensure that no vexatious, libellous or confidential information, including confidential information relating to a third party (in respect of which the third party has not, expressly, or impliedly in the circumstances, consented to its disclosure) is included in your submission. The Planning Authority reserves the right to redact any submission or part thereof that does not comply with this requirement.
The planning process is an open and public process and therefore your submission (in part or in total) will be available to view online at https://clarecdp2023-2029.clarecoco.ie/ . All observations or submissions received during the above time period will be taken into consideration before the making of the Clare County Development 2023-2029.
A submission/observation can be submitted by one of the following methods:
- Online: https://clarecdp2023-2029.clarecoco.ie/make-a-submission/
- In writing to: Draft Clare County Development Plan 2023-2029, Planning Department, Clare County Council, New Road, Ennis, Co Clare. V95 DXP2
- By email to: email@example.com . Subject headline should read “Submission to Draft Clare County Development Plan 2023-2029”
The deadline for receipt of submissions/observations is 4pm on Monday 28th March 2022. Please note late submissions will not be considered.
If you have any queries or require more detail, please contact the Forward Planning Section by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 065-6846407/6846451.
Clare County Council
Áras Contae an Chláir
New Road, Ennis
Page last updated: 10/12/21Back to top