Fire prevention promotes public fire safety and supports good building practice regarding fire safety in buildings.
- Fire officers carry out inspections of places of public assembly and other high-risk premises.
- Fire prevention officers process fire safety certificate applications.
- The council's fire prevention staff advise on current fire safety standards required for proposed and existing developments.
- The fire service carry out 'During Performance Inspections' of places of public assembly, in co-operation with An Garda Síochána.
- Community fire safety
- Fire officers have a role in relation to the inspection and licensing of petroleum stations.
Page last reviewed: 14/12/20Back to top