Facilities for voters with a disability or illness
- Vote at an alternative polling station if the local station is inaccessible
- Be helped to vote at the polling station by a companion or the presiding officer
- Vote by post
- Vote at a hospital, nursing home or similar institution if you live there
- Call the Local Elections Freephone number for the visually impaired
A Freephone number has been set up for visually impaired individuals in respect of the Local Elections.
- The Freephone number is 1800 306 854.
The message sets out the names of the candidates in each individual Electoral Area who are running for the Local Elections for Clare County Council in the order in which they appear on the ballot paper.
They can select the Electoral area which they wish to hear the names and details of the candidates for.
Individuals can familiarise themselves with the candidates on the ballot paper by contacting this Freephone number as often as they wish in advance of polling day. They can also use their mobile phone in the polling station centre on polling day to access this information.
At least one of these facilities is available to you if you have a physical illness or disability, a visual impairment or a reading or writing disability.
Page last reviewed: 30/04/19Back to top