The register of electors - updates, changes and important dates
A new register of electors is compiled each year and the draft of this is published on the 1st of November. You can inspect the draft register during working hours at the offices of the county council or the county registrar and at public libraries, post offices and Garda stations.
You have until the 25th November to make a correction or have your name included on the register. You may be asked for documents such as a birth certificate or a certificate of naturalisation in order to prove your eligibility to vote. The amended register of electors is then published in February of the following year.
or the area offices within the county.
Further information on voting can be viewed on http://www.housing.gov.ie/local-government/voting/voting
Important dates regarding the register of electors, in general
- The qualifying date for ordinary residents: 1st September
- Publication of draft register of electors: 1st November
- Last date for making corrections to or having name(s) included in the register of electors: 25th November
- Publication of list of claims: 30th November
- Publication of the register of electors: 1st February
- Coming into force of the register: 15th February