Clare Volunteer Centre (CVC) assist with:
- Volunteer Registration
- Volunteer Referral
- Supporting agencies and groups in designing volunteer roles
- Identifying screening requirements
- Processing Garda Vetting
- Training – Volunteer Management and Event Management
- Communications to 2500+ registered volunteers and 250+ community and voluntary organisations
- Supporting agencies and organisations in identifying gaps in service and support on recruitment of additional volunteers to build capacity
- Contact Sharon on (065) 6846350 or email on email@example.com
Clare Youth Service (CYS) is providing supports for Ukrainians in Clare.
Community Training Centre (Ennis) provides alternative education for young people, primarily for 16-to-18-year-old people. They are accepting applications for Leaving Certificate Applied and QQI Level 3 for September. This is for young people not in mainstream school. For young people in this programme they can access counselling and English language supports (CLDC collaboration on language support provision).
Comhairle Na nÓg is interested in offering an opportunity to meet young teenagers with a view to organising a club space. This is at incubation stage and will be developed based on consultation with young people from Comhairle and Ukraine.
Kilrush Youth Project is reaching out to young people in Kilkee to work with young people from Ukraine initially with a view to linking them up with teenagers from the locality.
Community Café in The Junction, Ennis, opens Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday each week from 9.30am to 12.30pm. This space offers low cost coffee/tea and a space to meet friends and relax. There is currently a scrabble group on Tuesday and Sit and Knit on a Thursday that people are welcome to get involved with.
There are 3 drop-in safe spaces for young people to meet with their peers:
- Youth Space, Carmody Street in Ennis, on Saturday, 2:00pm to 8:00pm, for teenagers 15 to 17.
- Youth Space, The Junction Cloughleigh Road in Ennis, on Saturday, 3:00pm to 6:00pm, for teenagers 14 to 17.
- Youth Space, Shannon Respond Community Building, Friday, 4:00pm to 6:00pm, 13 to 15 year olds.
It can be daunting for a young person simply to drop in so if they phone the contact person first arrangements can be made for them to meet the staff person first for a walk through the space and an explanation on what is available.
CVC can also provide access to groups such as LGBTQI+