Library Services available during Covid-19 closure
Our e-resources including e-books, audio books, magazines, online language learning and other courses are still available even though the libraries are closed.
Don’t worry about overdue library books/CDs etc ! We have extended the due date for all items until June 30th and will extend further if necessary. There are no fines on overdue library books anyway.
All memberships that have expired since January or due to expire by June 29th have been renewed until 30th June so this shouldn’t affect people trying to use the online resources. If your membership expired before January 1st 2020 please email email@example.com.
If you don't have a library PIN or if you can't remember it, follow the instructions below on how to create or reset your library PIN. This can only be done if you have provided us with your email address on your library account. You'll also need your library card number/barcode.
(Note: if your library barcode number starts with the letters CE please replace them with the digits 09)
- Go to the Encore login screen.
- Click on Forget Your PIN or don't have one
- Enter your barcode and submit
- You will receive an email with a link to reset your PIN
- Click on the link in the email and then follow the instructions.
Please note: PINs should be four digits.
If you don't have a PIN and you haven't given us your email address then you'll need to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to set one up for you.
If you are not a library member, you can join up to use the e-resources even though the library is closed. Please see link below to join the library today.
Our e-resources including e-books, audio books, magazines, online language learning and other courses are still available. You need to join up separately for these services using your library card number. Follow the instructions for each service on the library homepage. All e-resources are free of charge.
- BorrowBox allows you to borrow either e-audio or e-books any time of day from anywhere. It is available online or as an app you can download to your smartphone or mobile device. All you need is an email address, your library barcode and a PIN number.
- RBdigital Magazines offers a large collection of popular e-magazines. You can check out an unlimited number of magazines and keep them in your account for as long as you wish. You can use RBdigital Magazines on your computer or on a tablet/smartphone through the RBdigital mobile app.
- Transparent Languages helps you learn more than 100 foreign languages online.
- PressReader is an online newsstand with thousands of the world's most popular newspapers and magazines, including Irish titles.
- Universal Class offers access to over 400 free online e-learning courses from accounting to writing skills.
- If you have trouble accessing online resources such as BorrowBox, check the support details for that service on the website. If that doesn't help contact your local library (staff are still there) or send an email to email@example.com
- uLibrary gives you free access to 500 eAudiobook titles that can be borrowed for 28 days. These eAudiobooks have been made available free of charge by Ulverscroft and will be available until the end of July 2020.
If you have trouble accessing online resources such as BorrowBox, check the support details for that service on the website. If that doesn't help contact your local library (staff are still there) or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help you out as soon as we can.
Page last reviewed: 06/05/20Back to top