Temporary road closure to facilitiate pedestrianisation during Christmas period
Notice is hereby given in accordance with Section 75 of the Roads Act 1993 of Clare County Council’s decision to close the roads detailed hereunder for the periods stated to facilitate the pedestrianisation of these streets.
Roads to be closed:
1. O’Connell Square and O’Connell Street from O’Connell Square to its junction with Station Road
2. Salt House Lane and High Street.
Dates of Closures:
- Saturday 2nd December 2023
- Sunday 3rd December 2023
- Saturday 9th December 2023
- Sunday 10th December 2023
- Saturday 16th December 2023 to Sunday 24th December 2023 (inclusive)
Times of Closures:
- From 11:30am to 4:30pm on all dates listed above
- Traffic coming from Parnell Street Car Park/Woodquay towards Salt House Lane and High Street will be directed onto Old Friary Lane. Please note: Once Salt House Lane and High Street closure is implemented traffic along Old Friary Lane to change direction from Parnell Street Car Park to Bank Place.
- Traffic coming from Abbey Street Car Park will turn right onto Bank Place.
A temporary loading bay will be provided in Bank Place on the dates outlined above to facilitate deliveries to the business community in the vicinity.
Page last updated: 16/11/23Back to top