Proposed Section 38 Traffic Calming Measures at Sixmilebridge
Pursuant to the provisions of Section 38 of the Road Traffic Act 1994 Clare County Council hereby gives notice of it’s intention to carry out the following traffic calming measures:
- Construction of an uncontrolled pedestrian/zebra crossing at the junction of the R470-60 (Church St.) & the R471-61 (Main St.) in the town of Sixmilebridge. Works will include the installation dished kerbing, tactile paving, signage, all associated road markings & the installation of Belisha Beacon poles with integral fitted street lights.
- Provide new footpaths to the east & west sides of the R470-60 (Church St.) where it meets the R471-61 (Main St.) Works shall include the installation of block paving, kerbing & all associated road markings & signage
- Construction of a new paved amenity area to the north side of the main square R471-61 (Main St.). These works will include the removal of the existing parking bays adjacent to the properties on the north side of Main St. & relocating, with the addition of an extra 2 parking bays, to the new proposed road edge. It is proposed to reduce the existing south bound lane of the R470-60 (Church St.) down to 1 lane as it meets the R471-61 (Main St.) Works will also include the installation of bicycle racks & planting.
- Widening of a section of the existing footpath on the south side of the main square R471-61 (Main St.) adjacent to the existing parking bays. Works will include the installation dished kerbing, tactile paving, signage, all associated road markings etc.
- Construction of a new footpath to the north side of Pound street R471-61, between the L3142-0 & the L3144-0. Works shall include the closing of the existing slip way between the traffic island on the L3144-0 & the adjacent building, dished kerbing, tactile paving, signage & all associated road markings. Also included will be a new paved area & bicycle racks.
Drawings and particulars of the above proposals can be viewed on the link below from Friday the 23rd of April to Monday 24th of May 2021.
Submissions or observations with respect to the proposed works may be made in writing to the Administrative Officer, Clare County Council, Roads Transportation Section, Àras Contae an Chlàir, New Road, Ennis, Co. Clare on or before 4.00 p.m. on Monday the 24th of May 2021.
Date issued: 23/04/21
Section 38 - Sixmilebridge - Site Location Map [ PDF, 504KB]
Date issued: 23/04/21
Section 38 - Sixmilebridge proposed works [ PDF, 1256KB]
Page last updated: 23/04/21Back to top