Join the library
Join today and discover a world of literature and learning. Our e-resources including e-books, audio books, magazines, online language learning and other courses are still available even though the libraries are closed.
Our e-resources including e-books, audio books, magazines, online language learning and other courses are still available.
If you are not a library member, you can join up to use the e-resources even though the library is closed. Please see link below to join the library today.
Our e-resources including e-books, audio books, magazines, online language learning and other courses are still available. You need to join up separately for these services using your library card number. Follow the instructions for each service on the library homepage. All e-resources are free of charge.
- BorrowBox allows you to borrow either e-audio or e-books any time of day from anywhere. It is available online or as an app you can download to your smartphone or mobile device. All you need is an email address, your library barcode and a PIN number.
- RBdigital Magazines offers a large collection of popular e-magazines. You can check out an unlimited number of magazines and keep them in your account for as long as you wish. You can use RBdigital Magazines on your computer or on a tablet/smartphone through the RBdigital mobile app.
- Transparent Languages helps you learn more than 100 foreign languages online.
- PressReader is an online newsstand with thousands of the world's most popular newspapers and magazines, including Irish titles.
- Universal Class offers access to over 400 free online e-learning courses from accounting to writing skills.
- If you have trouble accessing online resources such as BorrowBox, check the support details for that service on the website. If that doesn't help contact your local library (staff are still there) or send an email to email@example.com
- uLibrary gives you free access to 500 eAudiobook titles that can be borrowed for 28 days. These eAudiobooks have been made available free of charge by Ulverscroft and will be available until the end of July 2020.
If you have trouble accessing online resources such as BorrowBox,check the support details for that service on the website. If that doesn't help send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help you out as soon as we can.
To join you just need to
- Complete an official application form, either join online or on paper, and
- Visit a library branch and show photographic identification (who you are) and proof of residency (where you live).
- Photographic ID can be: a passport, driver's licence, student cardyoung person's Garda age card ID or a staff ID card issued by an employer.
- Recent (within last six months) proof of current address can be for example a recent bill for gas, electricity, telephone, mobile phone or a bank statement.
Page last reviewed: 06/05/20Back to top