eBooks and eResources
Libraries will remain closed in an effort to limit the spread of the Covid-19 virus. We are providing our digital e-books and e-audiobooks service. E-audio and e-books are available to all library users. Visit www.clarelibrary.ie.
Library Services available during closure
Don’t worry about overdue library books/CDs etc ! We have extended the due date for all items until May 4th and will extend further if necessary. There are no fines on overdue library books anyway.
All memberships that have expired since January or due to expire by April 30th have been renewed until 30th June so this shouldn’t affect people trying to use the online resources. If your membership expired before January 1st 2020 contact your local library to renew.
If you are not a library member, you can join up to use the e-resources even though the library is closed. Click on the "Join Now" button above or on the library homepage.
Our e-resources including e-books, audio books, magazines, online language learning and other courses are still available. You need to join up separately for these services using your library card number. Follow the instructions for each service on the library homepage. All e-resources are free of charge.
- BorrowBox allows you to borrow either e-audio or e-books any time of day from anywhere. It is available online or as an app you can download to your smartphone or mobile device. All you need is an email address, your library barcode and a PIN number.
- RBdigital Magazines offers a large collection of popular e-magazines. You can check out an unlimited number of magazines and keep them in your account for as long as you wish. You can use RBdigital Magazines on your computer or on a tablet/smartphone through the RBdigital mobile app.
- Transparent Languages helps you learn more than 100 foreign languages online.
- PressReader is an online newsstand with thousands of the world's most popular newspapers and magazines, including Irish titles.
- Universal Class offers access to over 400 free online e-learning courses from accounting to writing skills.
- If you have trouble accessing online resources such as BorrowBox, check the support details for that service on the website. If that doesn't help contact your local library (staff are still there) or send an email to email@example.com
Bolinda Borrowbox Digital e-books and e-audiobooks service offers both E-Audio and E-Books to all library users and these can be enjoyed either on your PC/laptop or on your mobile device via the BorrowBox app.
- For Apple users, visit the iTunes App store and search for BorrowBox
- For Android users, visit the Google Play store and search for BorrowBox (one word).
- For Kindle (Kindle Fire only) visit the Amazon App store at BorrowBox.
Downloaded the App
Using the services
Just follow this link to library.bolindadigital.com/clare.
Enter your Clare County Library borrower card number and your PIN (your pin is the last 4 digits of your library card number).
For your borrower barcode number type 09P (capital P) & the characters after CEP on your library card e.g. 09P1234567X.
You will then be asked to create an account on Bolinda by entering your email address and the name you'd like to use with this service.
If you are having difficulties with accessing or using the service please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.