COVID-19 Emergency Fund
The COVID-19 Emergency Fund is funded by the Department of Rural and Community Development and administered locally by the Clare Local Community Development Committee (LCDC)
The 1st round of the COVID-19 Emergency Fund was launched in April 2020, with funding of €73,704 awarded to County Clare.
This is the 2nd round of the COVID-19 Emergency Fund and has funding of €49,351 in total.
The fund is available to Community and Voluntary groups for small scale projects.
The closing date for applications is Friday 7th February 2021.
This funding programme will assist community and voluntary groups:
- To become more involved in the Government's 'Keep Well' campaign. The grants are aimed at assisting participation in the campaign, in particular with the three themes: staying connected, switching off and being creative, and minding your mood. Details of the Clare 'Keep Well' campaign can be found on the Clare County Council website.
- To action, the challenges faced by young people as outlined in the Clare Youth Survey carried out by Clare Younger Voices in 2020.
- The grants may also be provided to support groups (including those involved in the community call) with day-to-day running costs if needed. Groups must be active with the Clare Community Call.
There are two categories for applications:
- Small scale grant of €1,000 or less. (Total fund available is €15,000 i.e. a maximum of 15 projects will be awarded under this category of funding).
- Grant in excess of €1,000 (Total fund available is €35,000). One flagship project will be allocated to the value of €10,000.
Completed application forms can be emailed to email@example.com or by post to:
c/o Rural Development Department,
Clare County Council,
Please contact (065) 6846498 for any queries.
Page last reviewed: 23/12/20Back to top