COVID-19 service update (30th March 2020)
Clare County Council continues to deliver vital public services in the challenging circumstances arising from the Coronavirus Emergency.
In response to the Taoiseach’s announcement of new restrictive measures on Friday 27th March, all Council Offices will close to the public until further notice.
Council staff will ensure continuity of our essential and critical services across our key operations and the Council’s Crisis Management Team will continue to meet on an ongoing basis.
If you need to contact us, please:
Telephone 065-6821616 email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Telephone 065 6844661 for Motor Tax Motor Tax queries.(www.motortax.ie)
Community Response Helpline
The Clare COVID-19 Community Response Team has established a helpline for the elderly and vulnerable people confined to their homes through which calls from the public, for assistance with groceries, medicine, fuel etc., will be circulated to registered Community Groups & Volunteers for response. The helpline (1890 252 943) will be operational seven days a week from 8:00am tomorrow (Tuesday, 31 March 2020).
A number of public facilities remain open, including the public grounds at Active Kilrush, Active Ennis Tim Smythe Park, Shannon Town Park, and Active Ennis John O’Sullivan Park, Lees Road.
Recycling and Transfer Stations
The Recycling and Transfer Stations at Ballyduffbeg, Ennis, Lisdeen, Shannon and Scarriff are also open to the public.Due to increased numbers using the recycling centres however, Clare County Council is requesting that only visits for Essential Waste disposal purposes (day-to-day household waste and recycling items) are conducted and that Non-Essential visits (garage/house clear outs) are not carried out during the ongoing period of restrictions.Clare County Council is implementing social distancing practices at the 5 recycling centre sites and therefore, requests that customers dispose of their own waste.Any queries to (065) 6846331 or email@example.com.
The public is being reminded that Motor Tax services are available online at www.motortax.ie.Customers can post their applications to Clare County Council for same day processing.
Temporary arrangements for the operation of the Planning system during the Covid-19 emergency, have also been introduced.
The changes include:
- Revised timeline arrangements for the undertaking of specific acts under the planning legislation;
- New Exempted Development Regulations in relation to the change of use of restaurants to takeaways during the period of the emergency;
- New Regulations providing for the non-application of the Planning Act to certain classes of development by or on behalf of a State Authority during the period of the emergency, including the change of use and repurposing of existing buildings and facilities, and/or the provision of temporary new build accommodation and structures to address the Covid-19 civil emergency;
- Extension of the deadline for the call of proposals under Call 2 of the Urban Regeneration and Development Fund (URDF) to 29 May 2020;
Planning applications may continue to be viewed online as normal at www.clarecoco.ie while pre-planning meetings will continue to be facilitated via electronic means and/or phone calls. To assist practitioners and the public, the Department of Housing, Planning and Local Government has produced a FAQ document on www.housing.gov.ie in relation to the operation of the temporarily extended timelines for a range of specified/ appropriate periods under the Planning Act and associated Regulations.
- All public branch libraries
- Local Studies Centre and Library HQ
- County Museum
- Cúlturalann Sweeney
- EASI Studio in Ennis / Tulla Stable Studios
- Courthouse Gallery Ennistymon
- Active Ennis Leisure Complex
- Clare Dog Shelter
- Waterpark Campus, Ennis
- All public toilet facilities
- Market Building Car Park Ennis
Closed Beach and Amenity Car Parks
- Bridges of Ross
- Kilkee Diamond Rocks car park
- Kilkee East End
- Kilkee various open car park areas
- Spanish Point
- White Strand Miltown Malbay
- Lahinch Miltown Road
- Lahinch Promenade
- Lahinch Liscannor Road
- Bishops Quarter
- Ballybeg Woods
- Car Park at Cliffs of Moher
- Car Par at Vandeleur Walled Gardens
- Car Park at Active Ennis John O’Sullivan Park, Lees Road
- Car Park opposite Rice College
Clare County Council’s response will continue to be informed by advice from the HSE and Public Health Authorities and is subject to ongoing review.
To ensure access to the most up to date and accurate information on the Coronavirus, please use the HSE website: https://www2.hse.ie/coronavirus/Back to top