Central Waste Management Facility
Please note that from the 21st of January 2019, the site staff are no longer permitted to handle Wheelie Bins. Be advised that should you arrive on site with a Wheelie Bin you will be required to handle this yourself.
To assist with this, please remember to bag any waste that is contained within the bin. If the bin is required to be lifted please ensure that you can do this yourself or have another person available to help with this.
This centre is located beside the N85, 2 kilometres on the Ennis side of Inagh. It incorporates both a recycling centre and transfer station.
Central Waste Management Facility,
Telephone: (065) 6836960
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Thursday: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday: 8:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Sunday: Closed
- Car, or car-based van or 4 wheel drive or equivalent - €5
- Car, or car-based van or 4 wheel drive and small trailer (max. 1.2 cu.m/42cu.ft.) * - €9
- Light van - €12
- All other vehicles and vehicle/trailer combinations - €25
- A minimum charge will apply- €5
These charges are inclusive of V.A.T. at 13.5%
*Small trailer is defined as less than 1.8m/6 ft. long and less than 0.6m/2 ft high.
- Glass jars/bottles
- Aluminium cans
- Food cans
- Plastic bottles
- Heavy duty cardboard
- Tetrapak cartons
- Waste engine oil
- Scrap metal
- Timber (There is a charge of €110.00 per tonne for large quantities of timber)
- Clean Green Waste (Household Only) - Tree branches - Max. diameter 4 cm.
- Waste paints
- Waste cooking oil
- Hard plastics
- Plate glass (no frames or windscreens)
The following items are accepted free of charge for householders:
- Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE), such as fridges, cookers, computers, etc.
- Fluorescent tubes
- Waste batteries
- Textiles (must be dry and clean)
Note: Commercial quantities of the above items will not be accepted. Business premises must make their own arrangements with their waste collectors.
The following waste categories cannot be accepted at this facility:
- Animal carcasses
- Medical and health care waste
- Sewage sludges
- Septic tank effluent
- Farm plastic
If you have any queries regarding the above waste categories please contact:
Tel No.: (065) 6846331
Central Waste Management Facility
Tel No.: (065) 6836960
The facility is also open to the public for general domestic waste at a charge as follows:-
The following Waste disposal Charges will apply from 23rd July 2013.
|1 bag||€7.00 inclusive of VAT at 13.5%|
|Over 10 bags||€240.00 per tonne, inclusive of VAT at 13.5%|
|Timber (Recyclable Condition Only)
||€110.00 per tonne, inclusive of VAT at 13.5% (not subject to landfill levy) - The minimum recycling charge of €5.00 will apply to small quantities in cars.|
|Mattresses||€20.00 - Double mattress inclusive of VAT at 13.5%
€14.00 - Single mattress inclusive of VAT at 13.5%
|Furniture Unit / Couch||€30.00 - Three seater furniture unit / Couch inclusive of VAT at 13.5%
€20.00 - Two seater furniture unit / Couch inclusive of VAT at 13.5%
€10.00 - Single seater furniture unit / Armchair inclusive of VAT at 13.5%
|Composter with Kitchen Caddy||€50.00|
* Bag Equivalents - Bag is defined as 40-50 Litres (760 mm/30 in high "swing bin" liners and equivalent) Clare County Council reserves the right to estimate the volume of waste delivered in other bag sizes and/or by other means.
Public weighing of vehicle - €15.00 inclusive of VAT at 13.5%
Where charges are based on tonnage the vehicles will be weighed and charges rounded to nearest €1.00 with a minimum charge of €70.00 applying.
The cost is inclusive of transportation, processing and disposal of residual waste at a licensed facility elsewhere. The final disposal includes the cost of landfill levy which is currently €75.00 per tonne.
- VAT is at 13.5% and is effective from 1st July, 2010
Clare County Council reserves the right to refuse entry if containers are full, or for any materials other than those normally accepted at the facility.
The site rules must be adhered to at all times by customers using this facility.
Please note that CCTV surveillance is in operation at various bring banks and Recycling Centres throughout the County. It should be noted that it is an offence under the Litter Pollution Act 1997-2003 to leave any waste materials including bags of household waste, bottles, plastics, cardboard boxes etc. in the vicinity of bring bank receptacles. In the event that bring banks are full, please notify Environment Section on 1800 606 706.
Page last reviewed: 19/12/18Back to top