Temporary Road Closure to facilitate Pedestrianisation in Ennis for the Christmas Period
Notice is hereby given in accordance with Section 75 of the Roads Act 1993 of Clare County Council’s decision to close the roads detailed hereunder for the periods stated to facilitate the pedestrianisation of these streets.
Roads to be closed:
- O’Connell Square and O’Connell Street from O’Connell Square to its junction with Station Road;
- Salt House Lane and High Street.
Dates and Times of Closures:
- Friday 20th December from 12.00 noon to 6.00 p.m.
- Saturday 21st December from 12.00 noon to 6.00 p.m.
- Sunday 22nd December from 12.00 noon to 6.00 p.m.
- Monday 23rd December from 12.00 noon to 6.00 p.m.
- Tuesday 24th December from 12.00 noon to 6.00 p.m.
A temporary loading bay will be provided in Bank Place on the dates outlined above to facilitate deliveries to the business community in the vicinity.
- Traffic coming from Parnell Street Car Park/Woodquay towards Salt House Lane and High Street will be directed onto Old Friary Lane. Please note: Once Salt House Lane and High Street closure is implemented traffic along Old Friary Lane to change direction from Parnell Street Car Park to Bank Place.
- Traffic coming from Abbey Street will turn right onto Bank Place.
Page last updated: 20/12/19Back to top