Proposed Section 38 - Traffic Calming Measures - Ballymacahill Junction, Tulla Road
Notice is hereby given that Clare County Council, pursuant of Section 38 of the Road Traffic Act 1994, proposed to install the following traffic calming measures:
R352 Ballymacahill Junction, Tulla Road,Ennis Co. Clare
- Construction of a zebra controlled pedestrian crossing on R352. Construction of dished kerbing, red tactile paving, all associated signs and road markings, installation of Belisha beacon poles with integral fitted street lights. Reinstatement of high friction surfacing on cycle lanes. Widen existing footpath adjacent to proposed crossing.
- Extend existing footpaths and form new uncontrolled crossings on western side of junction of R352 and L4608. Form dishes in footpath and install buff tactile paving.
- Provide new footpath on eastern side of L4608 for a distance of 33m in the direction of Ballymacahill.
- Remove 2 no. trees adjacent to R352/L4608 junction obstructing sightlines to proposed Belishas.
- Plans and particulars of the proposed scheme as shown on drawing number R-2019-28-15-03-003 are available for inspection from Friday 23rd August 2019 at the Offices of Clare County Council, Transportation Section, Áras Contae an Chláir, New Road, Ennis, Co Clare during Office hours – 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday to Friday each week until Tuesday 24th September 2019.
Objections or representations in relation to the proposals may be made in writing before 4:00 p.m. on 24th September 2019 to:
Clare County Council,
Roads and Transportation Section,
Áras Contae an Chláir,
Co Clare .
Date issued: 22/08/19
Drawing - Section 38 - Ballymacahill Junction, Tulla Road [ PDF, 746KB]
Page last updated: 22/08/19Back to top