All roads lead to North Clare for Irish Open
Clare County Council is playing its part in making Lahinch and the wider North Clare area a welcoming and attractive location for the tens of thousands of visitors heading to the county next week for the Dubai Duty Free Irish Open.
Listed below are some of the infrastructural improvement works carried out in Lahinch, Inagh, Liscannor and Ennistymon by Clare County Council in the lead up to the Dubai Duty Free Irish Open. Works were carried out by staff of Clare County Council’s West Clare Municipal District.
- Upgrading of Promenade walk by 700mm in the North West direction. This now provides a Promenade walk which is approximately 1,3km in length.
- Upgrading of and Strengthening of approximately 900m of existing Coastal Protection Infrastructure including the provision of new beach access, a new slipway and a new disability/universal access ramp. This was managed by the Project Management Office.
- Introduction of numerous Pedestrian Crossing both controlled and uncontrolled throughout Lahinch which are disabled friendly/ age friendly and provide safe passage for residents and children through the town.
- Resurfacing of complete Promenade Car Park adjacent to the Coast which covers an area of approximately 9000 sq meters.
- Resurfacing of Liscannor Road Car Park introducing a new Public lighting system with the Car Park as well as adding numerous Disabled/ Universal Access spots.
- Resurfacing of Frawleys Lane including a new drainage system . This lane now links the Liscannor Road Car Park with the Promenade for disabled/ Universal Access.
- Resurfacing of Rue D Arzon from both its junctions with the N67. We have included a number of drainages upgrades within the street. A new paved pedestrian area now also links Rue D’Arzon to the Main Street.
- Upgrade of Kettle Lane adjacent of the N67 with a new Asphaltic concrete surface.
- Provision of new Asphaltic Concrete footpaths adjacent to the N67 from Liscannor Road turn off towards Lahinch for a distance of 200m either side
- Provision of a new Paved Footway from Liscannor Road junction as far as Marine Parade. Approx 400m2.
- Resurfacing of Miltown Road Car Park including the introduction of a new lighting system within.
- Upgrade of N67 route through Ennistymon (facilitating the replacement of the existing Water Infrastructure by Irish Water). This project ensured that Main Street Ennistymon was resurfaced and strengthened from Blakes Corner to Kerry Co Op including new lining and drainage infrastructure
- Upgrade of Surface through Inagh village including new lining
- Cliffs of Moher R478
- Upgrade of approximately 2.8km of Regional Road from The Rock Shop to the Cliffs of Moher Visitor Center.
Page last updated: 26/06/19Back to top