Notice of the making of the Clare County Development Plan 2017-2023
Notice is hereby given, pursuant to Part II, Section 12(12) of the Planning and Development Act, 2000 (as amended) that on 19th December 2016 Clare County Council made the Clare County Development Plan 2017-2023 for the functional area of Clare County Council. The County Development Plan is effective from 25th January 2017.
The Clare County Development Plan 2017-2023 replaces the existing Clare County Development Plan 2011-2017, the Kilrush Town and Environs Development Plan 2014-2020 and the Ennis and Environs Development Plan 2008-2014. The Clare County Development Plan 2017-2023 includes settlement plans and zonings for the settlements of the county and accordingly the existing West Clare Local Area Plan 2012-2018, South Clare Local Area Plan 2012-2018, North Clare Local Area Plan 2011-2017 and East Clare Local Area Plan 2011-2017 were deemed to be revoked with effect from 21st January 2017.
Pursuant to Article 6 of the EU Habitats Directive (92/43/EEC) the Planning Authority has undertaken and prepared a Natura Impact Report. Pursuant to Article 13E of the Planning and Development (Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA)) Regulations S.I.(436) 2004-2011, the Planning Authority has also prepared an SEA Environmental Report of the likely significant effects on the environment of implementing the Plan. The Planning Authority has also undertaken and prepared a Strategic Flood Risk Assessment (SFRA) of the Plan.
Notice is also given that a SEA Statement is also available, summarising:
- how environmental considerations have been integrated into the plan,
- how (i) the environmental report was prepared pursuant to article 13C, (ii) submissions and observations made to the Planning Authority in response to a notice under section 12(1) or (7) of the Planning Act, and (iii) any consultations under article 13F, have been taken into account during the preparation of the plan,
- the reasons for choosing the Plan, as adopted, in the light of the other reasonable alternatives dealt with, and
- the measures decided upon to monitor, in accordance with article 13J, the significant environmental effects of implementation of the plan.
The Clare County Development Plan 2017-2023 comprises the following documents:
- Volume 1 Written Statement : €25
- Volume 2 Maps : €25
- Volume 3 Municipal District Written Statement & Settlement Plans
- 3a Ennis Municipal District : €15
- 3b Shannon Municipal District : €15
- 3c Killaloe Municipal District : €15
- 3d West Clare Municipal District : €15
- Volume 4 Record of Protected Structures : €20
- Volume 5 Clare County Wind Energy Strategy : €10
- Volume 6 Clare Renewable Energy Strategy 2017-2023 : €15
- Volume 7 Strategic Integrated Framework Plan (SIFP) for the Shannon Estuary : €20
- Volume 8 Mid-West Regional Retail Strategy 2010-2016 : €20
- Volume 9 Joint Housing Strategy for Clare Local Authorities and Limerick City & County Councils 2010-2017 : €10
- Volume 10 Environmental Appraisal of the Plan
- 10a Natura Impact Report : €15
- 10b(i) Strategic Environmental Assessment - Non-Technical Summary : €15
- 10b(ii) Strategic Environmental Assessment - Environmental Report : €15
- 10b(iii) Strategic Environmental Assessment - Statement : €10
- 10c Strategic Flood Risk Assessment : €15
A full set of the Clare County Development Plan 2017-2023 may be purchased for €250 or a CD containing all volumes above may be purchased for €10.
Copies of the Clare County Development Plan 2017-2023 are available for inspection at the following locations:
- Áras Contae an Chláir, New Road, Ennis
- De Valera Library, Ennis and Local Study Centre, Harmony Row, Ennis
- All public libraries
- All Clare County Council Municipal District Offices
Alternatively they can be downloaded below:
Page last updated: 25/01/17Back to top