The need for a Spatial and Economic Plan for Ennis up to 2040 has arisen as the Town and its Environs faces specific economic, infrastructural, environmental and physical challenges, including transportation, demographic and population change, retail vitality and viability, availability of modern office and employment accommodation, environmental considerations and Town Centre accessibility.
The plan has been commissioned in light of the recovery in the economy and the adoption of a new National Planning Framework (NPF) for Ireland to 2040 and a National Development Plan, 2018-2027 which sets out the investment priorities that will underpin the successful implementation of the NPF over a ten year period through a total investment estimated at €116 billion.
The productions of the Spatial and Economic Plan for Ennis is also timely in terms of:
- the production of the Regional Spatial and Economic Strategy for the Southern Regional Assembly
- the opening of the M18 to Galway
- changes in the role of Shannon Group and Shannon Airport with the consequent changes in regional perspectives, linkages and spheres of influence
- the key assets and potential of the County including Tourism, Shannon Estuary, access to third level institutions and renewable energy
- the Vision for Ennis as set out in the Clare County Development Plan 2017-2023
Engaging with stakeholders, undertaking urban design, economic and transportation analysis and developing initial strategic recommendations to facilitate collaborative input from the community fosters confidence, development and investment in the final Plan. It will have the potential to stimulate the economy, transform quality of life and enhance the environment.
Further information on the Plan can be found in Spatial and Economic Plan for Ennis 2040.
If you would like to comment or make a submission to the Ennis 2040 Plan, you may do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 16th November.
Spatial and Economic Plan for Ennis 2040
Date issued: 12/11/18
Spatial and Economic Plan for Ennis 2040 [ PDF, 3552KB]
Page last reviewed: 12/11/18Back to top