County Clare Tourism Strategy Phase 2 Planning Workshop
Closed for submissions
Submission deadline: Thursday June 27, 2019
Clare County Council is undertaking a tourism planning process that will result in a ten-year Tourism Strategy for the County. The initiative is now well underway and extensive consultations have been taking place.
A second phase of forum discussions are scheduled for June 24th to 27th. These discussions will be designed to look at what needs to happen to create a ‘dynamic’ destination – one that offers compelling reasons to visit, with a vibrant and enterprising industry, and a dynamic market presence.
These forums will take the form of small round-table discussions and will focus on what needs to be done over the coming 10-years – flagship projects and ongoing development initiatives that will heighten the profile of Clare for the overnight market; improve the capacity of the industry; enhance sites, attractions, and communities; and increase the resilience of the environmental context. A short synopsis of findings to date will provide a context for the discussions.
TEAM Tourism Consulting has been working with the Council on the planning process and will facilitate these forums. The discussions at the forums will tend to be specific to the geographic area (north-west, south-west, central and east Clare) so ideally, we would like you to participate in one that is particularly relevant to you. Evening ‘clinics’ are being held for anyone who cannot attend during the day. If you have specific ideas that you would like to discuss and are unable to attend a workshop, then please drop-in for an informal chat.
The discussion forum and clinic are being held in the following locations:
- Ennistymon, Falls Hotel, Orchard Suite, Monday 24th June 9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.- Discussion Forum
- Ennistymon, Falls Hotel, Orchard Suite,Monday 24th June 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. - Clinic
- Ballina/Killaloe - The Lakeside Hotel, Oak Room, Tuesday 25th June 9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.- Discussion Forum
- Ballina/Killaloe - The Lakeside Hotel, Oak Room,Tuesday 25th June 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. - Clinic
- Kilkee - Kilkee Bay Hotel, Atlantic Suite, Wednesday 26th June 9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.- Discussion Forum
- Kilkee - Kilkee Bay Hotel, Atlantic Suite, Wednesday 26th June 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. - Clinic
- Ennis, Templegate Hotel, Foyer of Great Hall, Thursday 27th June 9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.- Discussion Forum
To confirm attendance and for further information please contact Síle, Tourism Unit, Clare County Council on 065 6846283, email email@example.com
Page last updated: 13/06/19Back to top