Clare Joint Policing Committee
The Joint Policing Committee (JPC) provides a forum where a local authority and An Garda Síochána, with the participation of Oireachtas members, local councillors and community interests, consult, discuss and make recommendations on matters affecting the policing of the local area in order to contribute to the improved safety and quality of life of the community.
The functions of the JPC are to:
- Serve as a forum for consultations, discussions and recommendations on policing and crime issues within local authority administrative areas
- Review levels and patterns of crime and related underlying factors
- Establish and coordinate Local Policing Fora
The JPC cannot consider matters relating to a specific criminal investigation or prosecution or matters relating to the security of the state.
The operations of the JPC are set out in guidelines drawn up by the Department of Environment, Heritage and Local Government and the Department of Justice.
If you have any comments or questions for the JPC meetings please email email@example.com or write to:
Broadband, Digital and IT Department
Clare County Council
Áras Contae an Chláir
Members of the public can also attend any of the JPC meetings.
Schedule of Meetings
Schedule of meeting dates for 2019 are as follows:
- 11th February 2019 - 11:15 a.m., Council Chamber, Áras Contae an Chláir, New Road, Ennis, Co. Clare.
- 8th April 2019 - 11:15 a.m., Council Chamber, Áras Contae an Chláir, New Road, Ennis, Co. Clare.
- 8th July 2019 - 12 noon, Council Chamber, Áras Contae an Chláir, New Road, Ennis, Co. Clare.
- 14th October 2019 - 11:15 a.m., Burren College of Art, Newtown Castle, Ballyvaughan, Co. Clare, H91 H299.
Telephone: (065) 6846431 / (065) 6846385
Page last reviewed: 18/10/19Back to top