Proposed temporary closing of roads - St. Patrick's Day Parade 2017
Date issued: 15/02/17
Notice is hereby given in accordance with Section 75 of the Roads Act 1993 of Clare County Council’s intention to temporarily close the following roads to facilitate the holding of the St. Patrick’s Day Parade on Friday 17th March 2017.
Road closures in Ennis will come into effect from 8:00 a.m. and will occur on a rolling basis and according to requirements. Roads will be re-opened as soon as possible following the parade.
Roads to be closed:
- Steele’s Terrace / Newbridge Road (from Kelly’s Corner roundabout to the Club Bridge)
- New Road from its junction with Tulla Road to Newbridge Road
- College Road (local access only)
- Mill Road in an easterly direction from the Maid of Erin Roundabout to its junction with Bindon Street
- Harmony Row
- Abbey Street
- Francis Street from Francis Street Car Park to Abbey Street
- O’Connell Square
- O’Connell Street
- Upper O’Connell Street
- Old Barrack Street
- Station Road from its junction with O’Connell Street to its junction with Friar’s Walk
Diversions will be in place and pedestrian access will be available.
Any objections / representations to the proposed closures should be made in writing to the:
Clare County Council,
Roads and Transportation Department,
Áras Contae an Chláir,
New Road, Ennis,
before 4:00 p.m. on Friday 24th February, 2017.
Content Last Updated/Reviewed: 15/02/17