You can renew your motor tax 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at www.motortax.ie
- Opening hours - Monday to Friday: 9:15 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (Open through lunch)
- A customer ticketing system is in operation. To ensure service, you must have a ticket.
- Tickets are available at the dispenser inside the entrance to the motor tax office.
- Please have your motor tax form fully completed and provide all relevant documentation and appropriate fee.
Beat the queues - renew online/declare a vehicle temporarily off the road online
- You can conveniently renew your tax online at www.motortax.ie, Telephone: 0818 411 412
- You can declare a vehicle temporarily off the road online at www.motortax.ie
- All you require is a credit or debit card and your unique PIN. (Your PIN is the last 6 digits of your VRC number, or retrieve a PIN it by clicking "PIN Retrieval" on www.motortax.ie or by phoning 0818411412
- Internet facilities are available at your local library.
- Commercial vehicles can now also be renewed online.
Beat the queues - Post your application
- Post your completed application together with fee and relevant documentation to:
Motor Tax Office,
Clare County Council,
- If you are paying by cheque, write your phone number and vehicle reg number on the back of the cheque and make the cheque payable to Clare County Council Motor Taxation
Beat the queues - Pick your time
- The busiest days of the month in the motor tax office are the last couple of days of each month and the first couple of days of each month.
- You can tax your vehicle 4 weeks in advance of the disc expiry date.
- You don't have to wait for the current disc to expire.
- Queue sizes and queuing times are greatly reduced in the middle of the month.
Content Last Updated/Reviewed: 04/08/16