Housing Grants Scheme 2016
Given the restrictions on the available financial resources, only Priority 1 cases are likely to be afforded funding under the various Grant Schemes, that facilitate the adaptation of accommodation to meet particular disability/medical needs. Currently a waiting list of 500 applications already exists it is envisaged that these will be waiting from 6 to 24 months for funding. Letters of referral and support from HSE medical professionals will be required for applications to receive consideration and to be placed on our waiting list.
Provision will be made to consider exceptional applications made under the Housing Aid for Older People Scheme. Such applications would only be considered where the applicant requires essential repairs or improvement works as a matter of urgency, e.g. individuals in hospital who require the works to be completed in order to facilitate the continuance of their care in their own home or to facilitate their direct return home. The applicant(s) must normally be aged 66 years or over. Where, in the opinion of the council, genuine cases of hardship exist, the council may consider the payment of a grant to individuals who are less than 66 years of age.
The position in relation to expenditure and activity on the housing grants scheme will be kept under ongoing review.
Revised guidelines for housing grant applications received after 28th February 2014
- All household occupants income being taken into account
- Evidence of compliance with Property Tax will be sought from applicants
- Maximum gross income threshold reduced form €65,000 to €60,000
- Maximum Grant under Housing Aid For Older People reduced from €10,500 to €8,000
- Age limit eligibility increased from 60 to 66 for Housing Aid for Older People
Applications received on or before the 28th February 2014 will not be affected by the changes.
For applications on emergency medical grounds only, please contact the Housing Office at (065) 6846400 or (065) 6846206.
Clare County Council housing grant schemes:
- Housing Aid for Older People Scheme
- Housing Adaptation Grant for People with a Disability
- Mobility Aids Housing Grant
- Housing Adaptation Grant for New Houses
Content Last Updated/Reviewed: 16/03/16