Casual trading licence
Clare County Council's Casual Trading Bye-Laws require that all persons engaging in casual trading in the administrative area of the council must hold a casual trading license. The council have designated casual trading sites in the county in accordance with the Casual Trading Bye-Laws under the Casual Trading Act 1995
- Type of casual trading licences
- How to apply for a licences
- Designated casual trading area
- Market Days in County Clare
- Casual Trading Licence
- Event Casual Trading Licence
- Casual Trading - Indoor Market Facility, Garraunakilla, Ennis
Application forms can be downloaded below and are available from Ennis Municipal District, Clare County Council, New Road, Ennis, County Clare or by phoning (065) 6821616.
- Casual Trading licence application form [PDF, 37KB]
- Event Casual Trading licence application form [PDF, 37KB]
- Casual Trading application form - Indoor Market Facility, Garraunakilla, Ennis [PDF, 436KB]
Fees for casual trading licence in Ennis
- Bay Type: A - Bay Dimensions: 4.8m x 4.8m - Fee: €660
- Bay Type: B - Bay Dimensions: 9.6m x 2.4m - Fee: €660
- Bay Type: C - Bay Dimensions: 4.8m x 2.4m - Fee: €396
If the applicant requires more than 1 bay then the fee is multiplied by the number of bays required.
- E.g. Bay size A, 2 bays, 1 day trading per week = €660 x 2 (bays) x 1 (day) = €1320
- E.g. Bay size A, 1 bay, 2 days trading per week = €660 x 1 (bay) x 2 (days) = €1320
- E.g. Bay size A, 2 bays, 2 days trading per week = €660 x 2 (bays) x 2 (days) = €2640
Fees for casual trading licence outside of Ennis
€400 for minimum of 2 car spaces
Fees for the Indoor Market Facility, Garraunakilla, Ennis
- Bay size is 4.8m by 2.4m.
- €660.00 for one trading bay per year for one day a week
Fees for horse fairs
- Bay size: 2 car space - Fee for 1 Fair: €50 -Fee for 4 Fair: €200
- Bay size: 3 car space - Fee for 1 Fair: €75 -Fee for 4 Fair: €300
- Bay size: 4 car space - Fee for 1 Fair: €100 -Fee for 4 Fair: €400
Fees for Kilrush Christmas trading
- Bay No: A,B and C - Fee: €12.70 per day - Goods/product permitted: Christmas Trees only
Ennis Market area, Ennistymon Town Centre, Doolin Pier, Kiladysart Square, Kilfenora Square, Killaloe Car Park,The Square, Kilkee, Miltown Malbay, Drumgeely, Shannon,Tulla.
Maps of casual trading areas
- Ennis Wednesday [PDF, 603KB]
- Ennis Friday & Saturday [PDF, 707KB]
- Kilrush Horse Fair [PDF, 454KB]
- Ennistymon Town Centre [PDF, 327KB]
- Doolin Pier [PDF, 272KB]
- Kiladysart Square [PDF, 304KB]
- Kilfenora Square [PDF, 247KB]
- Killaloe Car Park [PDF, 297KB]
- The Square, Kilkee [PDF, 350KB]
- Miltown Malbay [PDF, 281KB]
- Drumgeely, Shannon [PDF, 373KB]
- Tulla [PDF, 292KB]
- Ennis - Wednesday (Lower Market Street only) - Friday (Lower Market Street & Market Place) - Saturday (Lower Market Street & Market Place)
- Ennistymon Town Centre - Tuesdays only, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Doolin Pier - on a daily basis from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Kiladysart Square - Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays only from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Kilfenora, Square - from 1st June until 31st August from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Killaloe car park - Sundays only, from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- The Square, Kilkee - Saturdays and Sundays and during the months of June, July and August from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Miltown Malbay - Thursdays only, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Drumgeely, Shannon - Fridays only, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Tulla - on Thursdays only from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Kilrush Fair Days
- 25th March*
- First Thursday in June
- 10th October*
- 23rd November*
*If the Fair Day falls on a Saturday or Sunday the fair is held on Monday
Kilrush Christmas Trading – Month of December only
Page last reviewed: 17/10/16Back to top